Magazine Strip Photo Frame
Construct a fun, colorful frame in just five steps with materials you already have!
You will need:
- One side of a cereal box (or other cardboard)
- Pages from an old magazine
- A paper shredder or scissors
- Cut the cardboard into the shape of a frame.
- Run the magazine pages through the paper shredder to make long thin strips. If you don’t have access to a paper shredder, use your scissors to cut skinny pieces--the thinner the better.
- Put glue on one side of a strip. Wrap the strip around the frame. If there is a spot you don’t like, cover it up with another strip.
4. Corners are the trickiest part. To make them easier choose skinny strips and rip them in half. Just wrap one side of the corner at a time. The glue should make them more flexible.
5. Optional step: If you used liquid glue you can paint a coat of the glue over the top of the magazine strips. This protects the frame a little bit and gives it a shiny gloss.
6. Tape a photo to the back and enjoy your work!
- Miss Emily