D.I.Y. – Preschooler’s Seagull Craft

I love summertime for one reason – the beach! The sound of crashing waves, the smell of the salty air and the feel of warm sand are just right for the ideal summer daytrip for the family. Unfortunately, the weather this summer has had other plans in mind. Between sporadic thunderstorms, heatwaves and humid days, going to the beach was not so easy for my family. Luckily, I found a fun craft to do in the A/C to bring the feel of the beach to us.

Here is what you need:



Paper plate
Yellow construction paper
Markers or crayons
Scissors
Glue

Here is what you do:

1. Trace a “bowling pin” shape from the top of the center of the plate to the middle (this will be the seagull’s head and neck).




2. Cut along the lines to form the wings and fold down wings.



3. Trace a beak and feet on yellow construction paper and cut out.

4. Glue on the feet and beak, draw eyes, and decorate any way you like!



When you are done, relax with a few good picture books about the beach:

 



Fun In The Sun by David Catrow

Day At The Beach by Tom Booth

Sea Rex by Molly Idle

- Miss Liz, Hightstown Branch

Comments

  1. Such a cute and easy craft! I really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today, I went to the beach with my kids. I found a sea shell
    and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear."
    She placed the shell to her ear and screamed.
    There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.
    She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is totally off topic but I had to tell someone!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment